Week 7: Fantasy Football Start 'Em
Every week, Scout Fantasy provides you with the best starting options for players who might end up on the bench if you didn't know any better. This week's picks include Blake Bortles, Jameis Winston, Jay Ajayi, Jacquizz Rodgers, and Jamison Crowder.
QB Blake Bortles, ---
- Bortles is averaging 21.21 PPG.
- Raiders rank LAST in total defense: 312 passing yards allowed per game and 27.2 PPG allowed.
- Jags have only three rushing TDs. Therefore look for Jags' touchdowns to come via the pass in Week 7.
- Bortles is outside of the top 10 QBs in Week 7 DFS pricing.
QB Jameis Winston, NO
- Since the Week 1 victory over the Rams, the 49ers have allowed an average of 37 PPG.
- Winston coming off a bye week is a bonus. He started hot and then hit a snag, and I believe he comes out recharged in Week 7.
- The 49ers lack a cover corner who can keep up with Mike Evans, and Winston should exploit that matchup. Evans (62) is second in NFL targets even with a bye week.
- 14 other QBs are priced higher than Winston in DFS.
RB Jay Ajayi, ---
- Why am I seeing Ajayi on several sit lists this week? Head coach Adam Gase has publicly stated he wants to feature a bell-cow back.
- Ajayi had 204 rushing yards vs. the Steelers. Steelers rank 18th vs. the run and Buffalo ranks 19th vs. the run.
- The Phins are 2-1 at home and will lean on the run game to keep home fans engaged.
- Ajayi is reasonably priced at the Week 7 RB position for a RB that should get 20 plus carries.
RB Jacquizz Rodgers, ---
- Rodgers had an impact game in his first start in Week 5: 101 rushing yards and five grabs for 28 yards.
- Rodgers was impressive in that game and looked like a back who is eager to prove himself.
- 49ers rank dead last in rushing defense; allowing an average of 174.3 rushing yards per contest.
- Rodgers' DFS price is a value, especially because he has exclusive reps at the RB position for Tampa.
WR Jamison Crowder, NYG
- Crowder has scored TDs in four of the six games.
- The Redskins rank fourth in total offense and have won both road games averaging 22.5 PPG in road games
- The Lions rank 26th in total defense and have allowed a league-high 17 passing TDs.
- Crowder averages 16.16 YPC in road games
- Crowder has GPP and Cash appeal in Week 7 DFS given the matchup vs. Detroit.