OFFICIAL RULES FOR STARTER FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUES
PLEASE NOTE: All drafts concluded before or on Saturday September 3, 2022, will have 1 opportunity to add/remove players via our Free Agent Acquisition Bidding (FAAB) waivers, on the Wednesday before Week 1, September 7, 2022 at 10pm EDT. All other leagues drafted or finishing after September 7, 2022, will have their first waiver period after Week 1 on Wednesday, September 14, 2022.
1. Overview: The Starter Fantasy Football Leagues are individual leagues each composed of 12 teams/managers. The Starter Fantasy Football Leagues have a regular season that extends from NFL Week 1 through NFL Week 14. Leagues will be comprised of 12 teams each playing a 14 week regular season with 14 eligible weekly "wins". The first two weeks (and week 14) will be all play, meaning each week, the top six scoring teams receive a win, the bottom six scoring teams will receive a loss. Then, weeks 3 through 13 you will play your 11 other league opponents exactly one time. This is done for fairness and ensures teams don't play tough opponents twice while others play weaker opponents twice.
2. Draft: Each league will hold their Draft ONLINE. Each league will be composed of 12 teams, and each draft will last for either 18 (FullSeason) or 22 (Bestball) (24 rounds pre-draft), with each team selecting a player in each round in a serpentine fashion (team 1 through team 12, team 12 through team 1, team 1 through team 12, etc.). There are no rules governing the number of players to be drafted at each position. It is up to the skill and draft strategy of each team owner to decide.
- a. Time limit per pick: Each participant will have 60 seconds to make a player selection.
- b. trading of draft picks: No trading is allowed.
- c. Owners do not submit lineups nor make roster moves. The team that is drafted is the final team for the season.
- d. All drafts are conducted on the FFWC Software.
3. Roster Requirements: 18 players for Full Season Leagues - 22 players for Draft Only Leagues (24 pre nfl draft)
4. Lineups Requirements:
Each week, all Draft-Only lineups are optimized to provide the maximum point total at each position. This is commonly referred to as "Best-Ball" scoring.
Starting lineups will consist of
a. League Management Web Address: You can access your league via the internet, links will be sent out to all primary Managers using the information submitted at the time of sign up.
5. Scoring: An individual offensive player on any active FFWC starting roster will be credited points for scoring in the following manner, unless otherwise noted:
Example: a 50-yard FG would be worth 5.0 points
e. Team Scoring (Defense/Special Teams):
f. ACTION SCORING: ANY touchdown that is scored by a player in your starting lineup will receive 6 points for that touchdown. This includes but is not limited to, Punt Return, Kickoff Return, Fumble Return, Interception Return, Lateral, double turnover etc... Of course QBs still only receive 4 points for passing touchdowns.
* TDs scored on "fake" FGs or "fake" punts do NOT count as Defense/Special Teams scoring. TDs scored by the offensive team after a blocked FG or blocked punt do NOT count as a Defense/Special teams score. TDs scored on a double-turnover only count for the individual player who scored the TD, not for the team.
** A double turnover is considered points for the recovering team's defense and ST. Thus, an example, team A's offense fumbles and team B's defense recovers, but then fumbles the ball back to team A's offense. In that scenario team A's defense and special teams (along with team B's defense and ST) are both awarded a fumble recovery.
*** Any and all points scored against a team are considered points scored against the special teams and defense. Thus, as an example, a turnover by the offense that is returned for a TD is considered as points scored against the special teams and defense.
6. Point Calculations: Team scoring will be carried out to the hundredth.
7. Free Agents - Please review your preferred League Type:
Draft Only Leagues: There are no free agency moves in Draft Only leagues. It's all about the Draft!
Full Season Leagues:
7a. Free Agents: Any player who is not on a team roster within your league is considered a free agent for that league. FullTime Fantasy may, in rare instances, remove a free agent who has been dropped by a Starter Fantasy Football Leagues team if in the judgment of Fulltime Fantasy that the dropped player would unfairly impact the outcome of the Starter Fantasy Football Leagues or if there is suspected collusion.
7b. Free Agent Acquisitions/Blind Bidding: The free agent system will be a "blind bidding" process every Wednesday at 10pm eastern through week 14 of the NFL season. Each team will start with 1,000 free agent "dollars" for the season, and will be permitted to bid for free agents on a weekly basis. No team will be informed of any other team's free agent bids until after the winning bids have been awarded. The team with the highest valid bid on any given player will be awarded that player. The amount of the winning bid will be deducted from the winning team's free agent dollars. For each winning bid, the winning team must drop a player to make roster room for the free agent acquisition. If a team's free agent dollars go to zero, that team will no longer be allowed to bid for the rest of the season. No bid will be accepted that is larger than a team's free agent dollars. All bids must be in increments of dollars (no cents).
a. Auction Bidding vs. Blind Bidding: The Fulltime Fantasy blind bidding process is not an auction bidding process. Though you may bid on the same player in multiple bid groups, if you are awarded that player, you will be awarded him for the highest valid bid.
b. Available players: The only players that are available to be picked up are those that are in the league software. All players must wait until such time that the player is available in the software before acquiring them in FAAB.
c. Conditional Bidding: You are only awarded one player per blind bid group. During the Waiver processing, Player bids are reviewed from the Top / Down inside of each group, not by order of bid amount, so make sure your bids are prioritized top to bottom in each group in the order you wish to receive them. If you are awarded a player from a bid group, all other bids in the group are cancelled.
d. Thursday game players - These players are NOT available to be added to rosters via FCFS until the following Wednesday's FAAB. If unclaimed they will be available via FCFS. Thursday game players are Locked at kickoff.
e. First Come First Serve waivers - Within ten minutes following the weekly FAAB run, players will have the opportunity to pick up any available free agents. Any player dropped during Wednesday FAAB cannot be picked up as a Free agent until the following week. All FCFS acquisitions will cost the player $0 of their free agent acquisition budget. The deadline for first come first serve pickups is 1pm eastern on Sunday.
7c. Bidding Time Frame: The first FAAB bidding takes place on Wednesday September 15 (prior to Week 2) and ends prior to Week 14* on Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 10:59 pm EST. PLEASE SEE AMMENDED RULE 7f below. Bids will be accepted on the league web site after Kickoff each Sunday until Wednesday 10:59pm EST. Any player dropped during Wednesday FAAB cannot be picked up as a Free agent until the following week.
7d. Tied Bids: If there is a tie, the team that receives the player will be determined in order by:
1. Worst points scored
2. Coin toss by the computer
7e. Available Players: Teams may acquire players not on any roster within their league, with one exception. Players cut during Week 12 free agent bidding (November 23 2022) and Week 13 free agent bidding (November 30, 2022) may not be re-acquired by any team. This is done to minimize potential collusion. On occasion, the Fulltime Fantasy commissioners may remove a dropped player from the free agent pool if the commissioners think it is in the interest of upholding the integrity of the league or the event. The software will now allow both kickers and defenses to abstain from this rule. That means kickers and defenses will be exempt from this rule.
7f: Ammended free agency period - In all starter full-season leagues, weekly Free Agency with blind bidding and fcfs pickups continues through week 17 and ends with the kickoff of week 17 games.
- Who can bid in the playoffs? - Only playoff teams are eligible to pickup free agents after week 14.
- Locked Players: Players cut during FAAB after NFL week 12 (November 24th FAAB on) cannot be re-acquired by any team in that league.
8. Trades between managers: To minimize the possibility of collusion, there will be no trading allowed.
9. Playoff Berths: 4 teams will be selected after the 14 week regular season, to move on in the League Playoffs. See Summary Page
10. Playoff Format: The top 4 teams that were invited to the League Playoffs, will battle it out in a total points race in weeks 15-17 while carrying their season average from weeks 1-14 into the Playoffs. See Summary Page
In addition: Any team tied for best record in the league that did not qualify as one of the four participants will automatically qualify and participate in the league playoffs.
The tiebreakers for (playoff) prize finalists are:
11. Miscellaneous Information: All "total points" means total starting lineup points. FullTimeFantasy.com reserves the right to act in the league and contest's best interest at all times.
12. Conduct: All owners are expected to act accordingly. We keep this rule short and direct. Any disparaging remarks towards other players, the software, the company, the rules or the contest itself is grounds for removal/dismissal from the league. No refunds will be granted so please, play nice and enjoy the competition. The commissioner for all FullTime Fantasy contests is Fulltime Fantasy Sports LLC. Fulltime Fantasy Sports LLC reserves the right to act in the league and contest's best interest at all times.